What is ChurchDB?
Registered parishioners with a current e-mail address on file can log in to ChurchDB to update their family information and join and communicate with ministries in which they are involved.
If you already know your user ID and password, you can use the links at left to find instructions for specific modules available in ChurchDB.
If you have not logged in before or are not sure of your log in credentials, please review the How to Log on For the First Time section below.
What is ChurchDB?
When former Bishop of Austin Gregory Aymond returned to his native New Orleans to inspect the losses after Hurricane Katrina in 2005, one of the tragedies he found was that many parishes had lost their sacramental records in the flooding. Diocese-wide use of ChurchDB is one of two initiatives launched by Aymond, now Archbishop of New Orleans, to ensure that these and other important records are preserved in Austin. The program, developed by Austin Computing Solutions, offers a number of modules that parishes may use in communicating parish events and ministries. Parishes use ChurchDB to enter membership, stewardship, religious education and ministry information as well as to schedule events and resources. All information on ChurchDB is protected by passwords and other security features.
At St. Austin we have used the program for religious education registration since 2005, and as of August 2007 all parish records are up to date for full usage of all modules. Each parishioner of St. Austin who has a current e-mail address on file can log in to the database to retrieve and update family contact information, see reports on their Stewardship contributions, donate online through eGiving, register for religious education classes, join and volunteer for ministries and events and communicate with these groups, and keep up to date with event times and locations through the calendar. Administratively, we use ChurchDB to keep track of room and resource reservations, membership data, and stewardship data on a daily basis and use Groups and eGroups to facilitate easier communication within ministries.
1. Open the ChurchDB log in page.
2. Click on the yellow button that says Click Here next to To retrieve User ID or Password.
3. Fill in your first name & e-mail address and click Submit. You will receive an e-mail from email@example.com containing your User ID and Password.
4. Open your email from firstname.lastname@example.org, take note of your user ID and password, and follow the link at the bottom of the page to log in.
- If you do not receive an e-mail from ChurchDB and your spouse has a different email address, try his/her e-mail address as well. Also if you go by a nickname, be sure to try your full first name (ex: Try Robert even if you go by Rob).
- Be sure to check your Spam folder incase the e-mail was sent there by your mail server.
- If you do not receive a user ID and password at all, you do not have parish registration with a current email address on file with the church. Contact the parish office for assistance with accessing ChurchDB.